Series: Life Before Damaged #2
Published by H.M. Ward Press on 2014-12-15
Genres: New Adult, Romance
Guilt ravages me, swallowing me whole. It steals my sleep and knots my stomach. I was the princess, the perfect Granz heiress, but no longer. That part of my life went up in flames, taking my future with it.
What remains is a shadow, a girl with no future and a terrible secret. There's only one soul who knows the extent of my sins, and I can't shake his beautiful face from my mind. The memories of being near him that night are charged. They linger, but going after Pete is like trying to catch smoke in my hand.
The pull toward this sexy man is unreal, and that's what I keep telling myself—the Pete Ferro I saw that night doesn't exist. There is no poet, no philosopher, no artist. He's a player and I’m his newest toy.
While I pretty much love everything that H.M. Ward writes, I’m finding it harder and harder to write my standard reviews for individual installments in her serials, so I’m going to do this one a little differently and just talk about what I did and didn’t like.
What I Liked
- Learning more about Regina, her friends and family, and her relationships with them
- Seeing Gina’s reactions and feelings toward the events in the previous installment
- Her friend, Erin, and their night out (and Ricky!)
- The ending
What I Didn’t Like
- Gina’s boyfriend, Anthony. Seriously don’t like this guy!
- Not enough Peter! I love me some Peter, so I wanted WAY more of him!
- The ending. It was a great moment, but then it ended! I wanted more immediately!
My only real complaint so far is that when I first heard about Life Before Damaged, I thought it was going to be from Peter’s perspective, so I’m a little disappointed that it’s not and that this installment in particular really didn’t have enough of him in it. But I trust H.M. Ward, so I look forward to reading more!
(I received an ARC from the author, but it expired before I got a chance to read it, so I ended up purchasing and reading the book.)